Privacy and Security
Thank you for visiting our privacy page. Transcription Centre (“Transcription Centre”, “we”, “us”, “our”) care about your privacy. We aim to describe below what personal data we collect and what we do with it. We also want you to know your rights regarding this data.
- Transcription Centre Ltd is registered as a data controller with the ICO – registration number ZA023693.
- Transcription Centre Ltd is committed to protecting the privacy of our clients. We are registered under the Data Protection Act (1998) and we are committed to fully complying with GDPR requirements.
- Information submitted to us via the contact form on the website, by direct contact via email or telephone, or through cookies on our website is only used for the purposes of providing our primary services. We will not send unsolicited marketing emails.
- For further information please contact support.
Security & Privacy
- All identifying data collected/submitted is treated with the strictest confidentiality and is only accessible to our highest-level employees.
- We aim to comply with all GDPR regulations.
- Our website is SSL secured.
- We do not collect contact information for any purpose other than the fulfilment of our primary services.
- All of our staff are subject to Non-Disclosure Agreements, which are regularly updated.
- We are happy to sign any agreements/contracts that our clients wish us to abide by in order to deliver our services.
Data collected by this website
When you contact us using our contact form, you will be voluntarily submitting your personal information. This information is SSL encrypted – as you can see from the padlock icon in the address bar of your browser – and is sent to us by email by our website hosting platform.
We use the following categories of cookies:
Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features.
Our website hosting platform Squarespace also places cookies on our site. These are limited to the same functions as above. Here is a link to the list of Squarespace cookies.
You may block the collection of the data generated by the cookie and the data related to your use of the website (including your IP address) to Google as well as the processing of this data by Google, by downloading and installing a browser plugin available from the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
How to control cookies
You can very easily control and delete cookies – for details click here.
You can delete all cookies that are already on your computer and most browsers can be configured to prevent them from being downloaded. This may lead to some functionality loss on some sites, and any preferences (language preference, etc.) will be lost.
How we use your personal information
The information you provide (limited to: name, organisation, email address, phone number, job title, and template preference) will be kept confidentially in password protected systems, with access restricted to only our highest-level employees. We will store and use your personal information for our legitimate business purposes including:
- Identifying you when you upload files to our system.
- Completing our obligations with our clients (i.e. communications including quoting, transferring completed transcripts, and invoicing).
- Any notifications of changes to terms and conditions.
- The release of personal information to regulatory or law enforcement agencies, if we are required or permitted to do so.
The legal basis within GDPR for processing your personal information
We rely on Legitimate Interest as our legal basis for storage of personal information.
We rely on storing this information for the fulfilment of our primary service.
We will never sell your personal information to any third party. We only share your information with third parties whom we retain in order for us to legitimately and efficiently fulfil our primary service – such as our workflow and accounting software platforms ScribeManager and QuickBooks.
We store your data on password protected encrypted systems only for the length of time it is necessary for us to carry out our primary service.
Where possible, we will take steps to erase any personal data that is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it is collected or otherwise processed, or if you have withdrawn consent for its processing and retention.
As a general rule, if you currently have a contract or intend to enter into a contract with us, we will store the data (limited to: name, email address, phone number, job title, and template preference) for a period of seven years after our last meaningful contact for compliance with our general legal obligations and for the exercise or defence of any legal claims.
Finished transcripts are stored in encrypted drives on our servers for a period of no longer than 30 days before being securely deleted. Uploaded audio is securely deleted from our drives immediately after the transcript is produced but will remain on our workflow handling platform for 90 days from the day the file is uploaded.
We use the DoD 5220.22-M wiping standard to ensure no sensitive data remains on our drives.
In accordance with UK and European law under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you have more rights with regards to the personal data held about you, these include:
- The right to be informed – you have the right to know if we hold personal data that concerns you
- The right to access – you have the right to view and to obtain a copy of any personal data we hold that concerns you
- The right to rectification – you have the right to the correction of any inaccuracies within the personal data we hold that concerns you
- The right to erasure – you have the right to have your personal data removed from our systems
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us using the contact page.
For more information on your new rights click here.